It's so close I can smell the flesh of the living. And it smells tasty.
Once again, it's time to reiterate the rules for the '07 Memphis Zombie Attack.
But first! A couple of things to clarify —
• Children are welcome to the march — we want to see some zombie families!
• The hardcore zombification at 5 p.m. is to take place at the pay lot behind the Plush Club — the lot on Beale — if all goes according to plan (i.e. there is room for me to park and set up a little mini HQ). Keep in mind that there are two pay lots near the Plush Club. If you don't see us in one, check the other. If you don't see us in either, keep checking back and forth.
• The after-party at Ernestine&Hazel's is open to everyone. The Flyer article* said the party is for the 21-and-up set (which we originally thought it would be), but the E&H people are cool and they said they'll be carding at the bar. So if your underage ass wants to come party, bring it! You just may not be able to booze it up. Legally.
Okay, now on to the rules:
• No alcohol or drugs while marching
• No touching or harassing bystanders
• No blocking of traffic or destruction of property
• No scaring children
• No entering any galleries or shops — stay on the sidewalks
• No lawbreaking of any sort
• Try not to make a mess and get gore everywhere on the streets
REMEMBER — this is a public performance art spectacle. We are there to entertain, and maybe to confound just a little. Give those Memorial Day weekend/Memphis in May tourists something to laugh at, to take pictures of, to run home and tell their bridge clubs about.
See you tomorrow.
* Thanks, Cherie!!